The primary purpose of Furry Fiesta is for our attendees to have fun. To that end, we've established these rules to ensure that everyone enjoys their time with us as much as possible in a safe, friendly manner.
We don’t want to revoke memberships. We want you to be here. We want you to like being here and we want you to come back! The rules may seem like quite the laundry list, but it is our hope and expectation that we will seldom, if ever, be forced to enforce them. So use your common sense, act your (real) age and we’ll all have a great time year after year!
If you are a member of the media, looking to film, photograph or otherwise document our event for publication, please visit our Media Policies page for guidelines.
Furry Fiesta Rules
- All attendees are assumed to have read and understood the Furry Fiesta Code of Conduct and agreed to the terms set forth herein when receiving a badge.
- All attendees agree to indemnify and hold harmless Furry Fiesta and Creature Arts from any claim for personal injuries or other damages or equity arising out of any individual’s activities at Furry Fiesta, even if such injury or damage is caused by negligence by or on the part of Furry Fiesta or Creature Arts.
- Furry Fiesta seeks to make its staff available to its attendees. Staff will be wearing special badges, lanyards and/or branded polos to indicate their status. If you have a problem, please alert Staff to the issue.
- All attendees of Furry Fiesta (except those minors attending with a parent as described in section 6 below) will be required to present a single government-issued photo ID at registration which clearly states their full legal name and date of birth. Examples of valid photo identification include: photo ID issued by DPS or DMV office, driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc. Examples of IDs that are NOT valid include: school ID, employee ID or any other ID that is either not issued by the government or not a photo ID will full legal name and date of birth. Any person who does not present such photo ID will not be allowed to complete the on-site portion of registration or be granted a convention badge.
- Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at the time of badge pickup may attend Furry Fiesta without a parent if they present government-issued photo ID stating their legal name and birthdate and a Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta form (available for download from the Registration page) signed by their parent or legal guardian and notarized by a public notary. Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at the time of badge pickup without government-issued photo ID stating the legal name and birthdate or without a complete Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Furry Fiesta form at Registration may register, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any convention spaces. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by the minors for whom they are responsible.
- Minors who will be age 15 and below at the time of badge pickup are not required to present government-issued photo ID, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any convention spaces. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for damage or problems caused by the minors for whom they are responsible.
- Convention attendees must wear their official convention badge at all times while in convention areas and it must be shown upon request to convention staff, security, or hotel staff. The badge will contain a badge name of your choosing (subject to staff approval), as well as a unique number. Altering convention badges in such a manner as to permanently obscure any of these elements renders the badge unusable. If your badge becomes unusable or is lost, it may be replaced for a charge of $5.00 U.S. per badge.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to deny or revoke attendance at any time for any reason. Upon attendance revocation, that attendee must surrender their convention badge to Staff and leave Furry Fiesta convention spaces immediately. Attendee will not be entitled to any manner of refund or compensation.
- Furry Fiesta and Creature Arts does not permit attendance by any individual who appears on any state or federal sex offender registry.
- All interior areas of the hotel are non-smoking. This includes vaping. The hotel has designated outside areas where smoking and vaping are permitted.
- No usage, sale or possession of illegal or non-prescribed controlled substances will be tolerated.
- All parties at which alcohol is served or consumed must verify that every person consuming alcohol at the party is 21 years of age or older by checking government-issued photo IDs. Any party found serving alcohol to or allowing consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 will be shut down immediately.
- Furry Fiesta accepts no liability for whatever may occur outside of convention spaces. Incidents that occur in a hotel room are the sole responsibility of the individual to whom the room is rented. This includes payment for any and all damage, responsibility for complaints levied against the room or area and any other issues that may arise.
- No weapons are permitted at Furry Fiesta. Fake or peace-bonded props for use as a part of a costume must be approved by Furry Fiesta before being shown in public. Additional prohibited items include, but are not limited to, silly string, paintball guns, water guns or any similar devices.
- The following behaviors are prohibited in any public area:
- Public displays of affection more extreme than hugging and back-scratching
- Excessively loud volumes
- Use of portable speakers
- Disrespect of hotel staff or damage to hotel property
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere other than hotel approved areas
- Display of any adult-themed subject matter
- Running, Skateboarding or use of Hoverboards or Wheeled Footwear
- Operating drones or radio-controlled flying devices
- Throwing Objects
- Selling goods or services outside of the commerce areas specifically designated by Furry Fiesta
- Dress Code:
- Any attire worn in the hotel must maintain a PG rating up until 9:00pm. Between the hours of 9:00 pm and 4:00 am, attire must maintain a PG13 rating.
- Attendees must wear appropriate attire up to and including opaque shirts, pants/shorts, and footwear.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn under bodysuits e.g. dance belts
- The following are not permitted at Texas Furry Fiesta:
- Any attire that is genuine or gives the appearance of being non-fictional military or law enforcement attire with the exception of currently serving military or law enforcement personnel who may wear their duty uniforms.
- Any attire which allows for the features of a person’s genitalia to be viewed
- Symbols perceived as hate symbols as determined by our staff
- The following is permitted only between the hours of 9:00 pm and 4:00 am.
- Latex/PVC/Neoprene form fitting bodysuits
- Furry Fiesta has a strict No Harassment policy (physical, verbal and/or sexual).
- Any attendees engaging in behavior which endangers life or property will have their badge revoked immediately and may be barred from future events organized by Creature Arts.
- Unauthorized commercial photography or video coverage is prohibited in any convention controlled areas. If you have questions regarding our extended media policy in regards to press passes, please refer to the Furry Fiesta Media Policy at https://www.furryfiesta.org/attend/media-policies/ .
- All attendees taking video or photography must ask individuals for permission before taking photos or videos.
- The Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion expressly prohibits any posting of signs, fliers, notices, etc. on all walls, doors, and in elevators. Furry Fiesta will provide message boards and flyer tables in our convention space for use by our attendees. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to remove any posted items that are considered inappropriate.
- Furry Fiesta staff will make every attempt to be fair, lenient and understanding in the case of infractions. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by Staff or Security, please go to the Help Desk and ask for an Executive. Alternatively, complaints can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Furry Fiesta will not accept any refund requests after Pre-Registration has closed.
- Furry Fiesta reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.
- None of these rules supersede any hotel rules.
Code of Conduct Revised on 1/10/2020