Dealers Registration Status: [CLOSED]
Dealer Registrations for our 2020 Covention closed on October 25th, 2019.
A ‘space’ at Texas Furry Fiesta is 6’ by approximately 6’; by default this comes with one 6’ x 2.5’ table and two chairs. Either table or chairs can be omitted, but you must let us know ahead of time.
Electricity is not included by default, but must be purchased ahead of time — it cannot be added on site. This can be done when registering (recommended) or any time prior to Pre-Registration closing.
|First Space (Includes 1 Attendee-Level Badge)||$210|
|Additional Space (Limit 2)||$150|
Space Allotment and Priority:
Furry Fiesta is hosted by Creature Arts, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization; we run on a purely voluntary basis, and we rely on the donations of time and materials by our attendees, volunteers, and Staff. As such, we give those people who partner with the Convention and provide goods and services used for the greater good of all attendees and our Charity (CARE) first priority. Opportunities to help exist both at the Convention, and prior-to. These seats only account for a handful of vendors.
Second Priority – First Come, First Serve
The bulk our seating will be assigned on a first-come, first served basis.
Third Priority – Lottery
We realize that not everyone can be available the moment the registration form goes live; as such, we reserve 25% of the total seating as a lottery for all remaining applicants. These are not available as double-space lots.
- On October 19th, 2019, at Noon Central time, we will begin taking Dealer Applications. The link to the application will be on this page, in the top section. The link will be made available in the days prior to the Con, but submission will not be possible until October 19th.
- We will close applications at the end of the day on October 25th.
- On October 27th, we will notify those who are in the First Come, First Served and draw the Lottery; these two groups will be notified in separate batches. Those not in either group, nor a partner, will receive a notification as well, and those in the top 10 of the waiting list will be advised of their position on the waiting list.
- From October 27th through November 9th, payment is due for tables. Tables not paid for by that time or who have not made other arrangements with us will be offered to the waiting list.
- Partners should already be aware of their partnership status, but will be sent instructions on how to register on October 27th.
2020 Dealer Registration Schedule – ALL TIMES CENTRAL
|October 19th, Noon||Dealer Registration Opens|
|October 25th 11:59pm||Dealer Registration Closes|
|October 27th||Dealer Notifications Sent|
|October 27th to November 9th, 11:59pm||Table Payment Due|
|November 10th||Unpaid/Abandoned spaces released to Waiting List|
Dealers Den Rules and Regulations:
All vendors must possess a Texas Sales Tax Permit to do business at Furry Fiesta, with the exception of demonstration-only vendors (no sales) or a registered charity. No Dealer will be allowed to set-up without a Texas Sales Tax Permit on file with the Vendor Coordinator.
- Obtaining a Texas Sales Tax Permit is a free, quick and painless process which can be done online at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/
- If you have not received your official certificate before Furry Fiesta 2020, please bring a copy of the signed form you faxed/mailed to the Comptroller’s Office with you to Furry Fiesta 2020. Vendors selling any item at Furry Fiesta must collect all Taxes and Tariffs required by the State of Texas.
- Vendor merchants are also responsible for the submission of these taxes to the appropriate offices. (Sales Tax for Dallas, Texas is currently 8.25%.)
- You may file by email your Texas Sales Tax Permit ahead of time or stop by the Coordinator’s table and file it at any point during the Den’s registration & operational hours.
Note: We may have limited facilities in place to assist in registering for a Texas Sales Tax Permit at Furry Fiesta 2020. However, to ensure that you are ready to set-up and do not get an unpleasant surprise, we highly recommend that you obtain your Texas Sales Tax Permit before Furry Fiesta 2020.
2. Electricity Usage
The Dealers Den provides electricity access for a fee of $35.
3. Posting of Signs & Display Rules
Use of the space provided is up to the Dealer, but certain restrictions apply:
- Each Dealer is restricted to the use of the space on top of, and immediately behind, their table. Side stands may be permitted, but only upon the approval of the Vendor Coordinator.
- You may not encroach on your neighbor’s space (including neighbors behind you) without their permission. Please be courteous.
- Displays that include sounds or lights (including videos) are permitted as long as they do not annoy your fellow dealers and/or attendees. If complaints are received, you will be asked to turn off these items.
- Squeakers and other noisemakers are allowed, provided they do not unduly annoy other dealers. Please remember that not everyone enjoys listening to them all day for three days in a row. Please be kind.
- Vendor merchants may not adhere anything on the wall using any method, period. All wall displays must be free-standing.
- Each space comes with one table and two chairs, unless otherwise requested. These requests MUST be submitted to the Vendor Coordinator prior to set-up, or the table will remain for the duration of the Convention.
4. Prohibited Items
Please be aware of items prohibited for sale. This list may be appended at any time. Should you have questions about whether an item may or may not be sold, please contact us. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate.
Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):
- Firearms, no exceptions.
- Alcohol, no exceptions.
- Weapons which are not peace-bonded.
- Flammable/incendiary items other than candles and incense.
- Candles and incense may not be lit for demonstration purposes.
- Scents and Perfumes may be limited if the smells are overbearing and affecting other attendees.
- Home-made food items manufactured in facilities without FDA or local health inspector oversight.
- Bootleg or knock-off goods.
- Any other item prohibited in the State of Texas or the City of Dallas.
Furry Fiesta reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate.
5. Adult Material
Adult material is permitted, but it must be tastefully censored or otherwise obscured to prevent access by minors. All Adult Material (including but not limited to printed, video, computer-generated, drawn, audio and physical) must be censored. The retailer is responsible for policing his or her own space to keep minors from being inadvertently exposed. All minors will be wearing a distinctly colored and labeled Minor badge, but retailers must check ID if the individual appears to be less than 18 years of age. If adult art is loose or in a binder, individual works must be censored.
6. Retailer Liability:
Vendors are responsible, within reason, for any damage to hotel property and/or equipment loaned to them due to inappropriate use. Hotel property and equipment may not be modified in any way, including but not limited to: Holes, chips, paint, glue or damage due to rough or inappropriate behavior. Furry Fiesta, Creature Arts, and the Hyatt Regency Dallas are not liable for any personal injury or damage to equipment or property caused by the inappropriate use of hotel equipment, such as falling while standing on a chair or table. Please use provided equipment responsibly.
7. Layout Changes
Furry Fiesta reserves the right to make changes to any published Dealers layout, as needed, at any time up-to and including during set-up.
8. All Furry Fiesta Rules must be followed in addition to the rules listed here.
9. Furry Fiesta reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.